WHAT IS MEDIATION?
Mediation is a guided conflict solving process where parties come together to work out a solution and keep control over the outcome. Trained mediators provide a setting where reaching agreement is possible and all participants have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
The mediation process respects the rights of all involved. It is a confidential and voluntary process.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
– Increases your sense of personal power to resolve disputes
– Provides you with a workable solution
– Is more cost-effective than the standard legal process
– Allows you schedule the session when you are available
– Provides quality service in less time than the standard legal process.
BENEFITS FOR THE COMMUNITY
– Improves the compliance rate compared to compliance with court orders.
– Increases the community’s ability to resolve disputes.
– Reduces the load on the legal system.
CRC has trained volunteers who provide mediation services. They come from a variety of educational, economic, cultural, ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds. Our mediators reflect the community we serve.
They do not side with a person, an issue, a proposed solution or declare an outcome as right or wrong, better or worse. Instead, mediators ask questions and guide people through the process. Then they help them write up their decisions and agreements.
Each mediator has received the necessary training and meets the requirements for a Qualified Neutral under Minnesota Supreme Court Rule 114. They also take continuing education each year to remain active as a mediator with CRC.
If you are in a conflict and would like to explore mediation services, call the Conflict Resolution Center at 612-822-9883.
Bold Steps – Breakfast and Fundraiser for Friends of CRC
See our Taste of Mediation dates!
Continuing Education Classes and Webinars
We Are All Criminals – Community Presentation –Duluth
We Are All Criminals – Community Presentation – St Cloud
Youth Program Training; In School Mediation/Youth Trauma and Circles – St. Cloud
30 Hour Civil Mediation Training – Duluth
30 Hour Civil Mediation Training – Minneapolis